Its Feel Good Friday!!!!

I was saying good bye to my wife this morning as she was heading out to work, and I made the pronouncement that today was "Feel Good Friday". She turned and smiled at me and said, "so you're going to write about sex?"

She likes to do that. Make me squirm.

I am, for all intents and purposes, a prude. I don't like to speak about "making love", let alone write about it. In truth, I rarely participate in the act of "love making" without some massively dramatic overture towards my wife with Opera blasting from the google box that sits on my coffee table. So it is with her great pleasure, that she prods me with "sex" remarks, because she knows me better than I know myself and knows that while I feign offense, I get just as much pleasure from "schtooping" as she does, and if I am going to be honest, maybe a bit more.

For so many, Friday is the time when they reacquaint with their significant other, crack a bottle of wine and click on Netflix after they put the kids to bed, and with a little luck, pelvically interface. It may happen at 10 pm on Friday after the wine has kicked in, or it may happen, as is so often with my wife and I, in the middle of Saturday morning after a sideways look is passed over scrambled eggs and coffee. Ah the joys of being kid-less.  But whenever it happens, it happens when you and your sweetie have returned to coupledom.  After a busy work week of blow bys and near misses, you're eyes finally reconnect as they did on that day when you looked in to them for first time on the first date when your soul ignited because of their presence.

But maybe your not in a coupling kind of place right now? Are your a lone wolfer? Does that mean you are exempt from Feel Good Friday?

I say, a resounding "Hell NO!"

Feel Good Friday for me, before I was a part of the dynamic duo, was often a sad day. As a sailing instructor, most weekends belong to your students and lessons usually happen on the weekends. So Friday for me was more like a Monday. Partying on Fridays, made Saturdays absolutely miserable. I wish I could tell you that I was responsible and refrained from indulging on a work night, but Dr. Pepper and naps in a sail loft made most of my weekends in my 20's bearable. It wasn't until my late 30's that I learned temperance and still working on the weekends put a damper on my Fridays.

So I found little guilty pleasures to make my Fridays more of a "Feel Good" experience. I would reserve Fridays for Ice Cream and eat it in my truck while blasting R. Kelly's "Remix to Ignition". I still bust it out every so often, when the week has been particularly difficult,... "Its the Freakin' weekend baby, I'm about to have me some fun!!" But it has lost some of its fun, now that he seems to be a monster and sex slaver. But again that's why we have guilty pleasures.



What are your Feel Good Friday pleasures? In Lent, we used to love getting Fish and Chips from the local seafood shop on Fridays. A fat chunk of cod, fried to perfection with a pile of malt vinegar-soaked fries was the perfect way to fast in the name of Lord in Connecticut and still celebrate the weekend's arrival. Its not Lent for another six weeks and down on the Crystal Coast, Cod is replaced by Flounder or Mullet, with a somewhat less that satisfactory comparison. The locals love it, so I make do with a Filet of Fish from Micky D's. and pretend its Cod.

But if for no other reason, the winter is here, money is tight, the house needs paint or the car payment is late, we all need a "Feel Good Friday" right about now. So do what you gotta, grab your sweetie, scritch your puppy.  Or don your favorite jammies and tuck into to your favorite chair. Pour yourself a cold one, and rip open a bag of your favorite fried cheesy pretzel potato cool-ranch flavored corn bombs, and binge on Sopranos reruns until the clock strikes midnight on Sunday. There is no judgement on the weekend, no one has to know what your up to until Monday. You got no place to be and all day to be there, so enjoy. Happy Feel Good Friday.



Comments